P1 and the Environment
Powerboat P1 Environmental Policy
In January 2013, Powerboat P1 achieved the internationally recognised ISO 14001 standard. As a certified organisation and responsible business, P1 is committed to continuous improvement of environmental performance and it is the first powerboat racing company to achieve this standard.
The need to protect the environment and conserve natural resources is now a value embraced by the most competitive and successful multi-national companies. Within motorsport there is increasing sensitivity to the environment. Powerboat P1 has a corporate environmental policy and continues to implement effective programmes as an integral part of its business strategy.
The company recognise that its operations have an impact on air, water and the generation of waste. Therefore the aim is to exceed minimum requirements for environmental legislation and other approved codes of practice, reduce environmental impacts at race events and beyond, and continue to operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
We recognise that our operations have an impact on air, water and the generation of waste. Therefore it is our aim to exceed minimum requirements for environmental legislation and other approved codes of practice, reduce environmental impacts at our events and beyond, and continue to operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
This policy applies to Powerboat P1 UK and USA, which includes P1 SuperStock, P1 Aqua X and P1 Jetcross and is relevant to the P1 offices located in London and Florida, and to race events.
In support of these principles, Powerboat P1 is committed to:
- Meet or exceed all environmental legislation and codes of conduct that relates to the company, to prevent any pollution from our activities
- Communicate environmental policy to all employees, contractors, stakeholders and suppliers to promote environmental responsibility
- Implement responsible energy management practices to minimise greenhouse gas emissions
- Minimise waste by promoting reducing, reusing and recycling initiatives
- Ensure environmental criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services
- Choose sustainable and responsible travel and accommodation
- Apply initiatives that will help reduce disturbance to the local environment
- Implement effective programmes to educate employees, volunteers and teams of environmental best practice
- Produce an annual report of environmental performance with regards to impacts, targets and achievements and circulate this to employees, contractors, stakeholders and suppliers.
The policy statement is regularly reviewed and updated on an annual basis. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation.